Jamie Lynn Unleashed

Self-absorbed, psychotic and senstive AKA Normal Female

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Quotes & Quips

"Coach Ken Carter: What is your deepest fear?
Timo Cruz: Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-Coach Carter (2005)

"Chuckie: Oh, I don't know that. Let me tell you what I do know. Every day I come by to pick you up. And we go out we have a few drinks, and a few laughs and it's great. But you know what the best part of my day is? It's for about ten seconds from when I pull up to the curb to when I get to your door. Because I think maybe I'll get up there and I'll knock on the door and you won't be there. No goodbye, no see you later, no nothin'. Just left. I don't know much, but I know that."
-Good Will Hunting (1997)

Neil: I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life ... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Dead Poet's Society (1989)

Waste no more time talking about great souls and how they should be. Become one yourself!
-Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD)

I believe that one of life's greatest risks is never daring to risk.
-Oprah Winfrey (1954 - )

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
-Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000)

There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
-R. D. Laing

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Coach Carter quote.

12:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter