Jamie Lynn Unleashed

Self-absorbed, psychotic and senstive AKA Normal Female

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Quarter of A Century

Well here it is.. I'm 25 years old.. As my mother so eloquently put it earlier.. An antique.

I will be making Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes, squash, baby carrots and broccoli tonight for dinner.Laura was supposed to make me my birthday dinner but the poor darling broke her arm last week.Her and my lovely friend Heather as well as Laura's brother Tom will be joining me on the night of my twenty-fifth year to celebrate over some delicious grub.

Then we are proceeding to the Film Society movie-A Scanner Darkly, followed by some live music in Moncton at the Paramount.I must admit I'm quite excited, we're getting all dolled up and some wonderful friends are meeting us there.

I am so blessed, so absolutely blessed. Sometimes I wonder if this really is my life and how did I end up being so lucky.

I was reading through some posts on the old "Capergrl" blog last night, reminiscing and researching for the wedding this weekend. I have had some rather interesting experiences.

Here's a few (perhaps with age comes lists)

I've piloted a small airplane (well taken over the control from the 'real' pilot, but flew for a while and I have a picture to prove it.)
I've saw the sun rise and set on the Canadian Prairies on numerous occasion.
Ive seen the sun rise and set on both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
I've drank Pina Coladas and Margaritas on the beaches of Cancun.
I snorkeled off the beaches off Cancun.
I got to pet a shark that same day.
I have been on planes, trains, buses, boats, ferries in various parts of this country and the one to the south.
I have witnessed some of the greatest bands play some of their greatest songs (IMO of course).
I have rode a horse, an elephant, a donkey and a pig (funny story).
I have visited every province except Newfoundland and spent more then a few days in each.
I have jumped off Marion Bridge.
I have climbed Friar's Nose.
I have driven across the confederation Bridge.
I have seen the green skies of the north.
I have spent many a night gazing at the Northern lights in wonder.
I have swam in Lake Superior.
I've driven a combine, quad, tractor, grain truck, snow mobile.
I taught a woman her alphabet, and how to write her name.
I attended the Calgary Stampede.
I've rolled up quite a few Hot Air balloons.
I've been to Disney World and Sea World.
I wandered around Anne's Green Gables.
I visited the Parliament Buildings in Fredericton, Charlottetown, Victoria, Regina and Ottawa.

and a zillion other cool things.. But I must get back to my philosophy paper-no rest for the wicked *grin*

In case I can't get online while I'm away. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM- SUNDAY!

Today is my birthday.. and my deepest wish that each and everyone of you has a spectacular day!

*MUAH*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! And thanks for the birthday wish on your blog. You have accomplished alot more than me and i don't think you were bragging i think it's wonderful that you've been able to travel and wonderful you've experienced so much. Have a great weekend and i will talk to you soon.

10:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

1:48 p.m.  
Blogger SM said...

Happy berfday!

10:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had an awesome time on your b-day! I did send you a card but I accidentally sent it the 6th instead of the 5th. I promise I knew it was the 5th! Ha ha. Hope all is well with you! Sheena was asking about you! Miss Ya!

9:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday cuz! :) Sorry I missed it. Let me know the next time you're in Moncton!

P.S. Foun dyour blue bucket! It's at Grandma's!

3:30 p.m.  
Blogger carmilevy said...

May your next 25 be just as eventful. You sure know how to squeeze the most out of life - which is what makes your blog such an engaging read.

9:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter