Jamie Lynn Unleashed

Self-absorbed, psychotic and senstive AKA Normal Female

Friday, October 27, 2006

Sometimes I even scare myself.

I can't do it..

I've seen the threads on locals.. Got the chain email.. and I can't read it... I know the brief details some dog was beaten.. Apparently badly but I can't read about it.. There's a lot of stuff I won't read or watch anymore.. I sincerely believe for me.. Ignorance is bliss.. The more I learn the more depressed I become.

I was at my grandmother's for a visit a few weeks ago.. It was lovely.. We heated up some left over ham (so Delicious) and some lovely vegetables and we had a divine meal.Afterwards I was washing the dishes and my grandmother turned on the news.. Within 10 minutes I was crying so hard I couldn't;' even see my hands to wash the next dish.

I won't do it.. I won't become desensitized. I won't buy into the media image of the world is a horrible place and we must hide from one another. I refuse to believe the Hobbes mentality of -people are greedy and will take what they can whenever they can.- I can't accept that.. not when this place exists ( http://www.sevacafe.org/ ) and the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded for this ( http://nobelpeaceprize.org/eng_lau_announce2006.html ).

I'm quitting university. I'm having a mid life crisis. and I refuse to sacrifice myself to hop into this rat race.  I'm bored silly, I've lost my passion and I'd rather keep learning on my own.Maybe I'm just overtired from getting up early to see the doctor.. perhaps I'm just too old for university bullshit...maybe I'm attending the wrong institution...perhaps I'm making a mistake....maybe my greatest life's adventure commences today!

"We must become the change we wish to see in the world" -Gandhi

There is a Halloween party tonight and I'm going as "Jamie Lynn"... No piercings, no hair dye, my boring glasses, no makeup, a light brown skirt, a bright blue shirt and this funky assed jacket... We'll see how I do being "me" for a change.

1 Comments:

Blogger SM said...

Is our little Jamie growing up?

7:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter