Jamie Lynn Unleashed

Self-absorbed, psychotic and senstive AKA Normal Female

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Perfection





Did you ever finally find that perfect pair of sunglasses. The ones that just suit your face, you feel like a secret agent or a rock star when they slide on your nose.

I did last summer, they were less than 10$ and they just were the perfect fit.

Of course now they are slightly battered, scratched and perhaps bent, but they still have the same effect.

I wanted to bring them back to the west with me. Hoping to find their close relative to buy a few more pairs. Plus I enjoy feeling like a rock star.

I just ran around the house for 20 minutes looking for them, afraid they had been left behind in New Brunswick. This was not the first time this week I had done this..

I couldn't' find them anywhere, I tore threw everything, frantically asking my parents if they had noticed them lying around... No such luck.

I thought back to when I had torn threw my suitcases on Saturday morning searching madly for them... Or was that a drugged out haze.. Stupid Gravol and it's adverse side effects on me.

Eric would know!

I picked up the phone dialed his number and sat down on the bed, feel like a fool I explained my dilemma and asked him if he recalled where I had found them, or better yet, did he remember me looking, had I found them or was this a bizarre dream I had. (Gravol hits me hard and I have to take a lot when I fly and the turbulence on Saturday was especially brutal.)

He thought, I could almost hear the hamster in the wheel across 4 provinces, wracking his brain, as I tried to recall their whereabouts as well. I had only unpacked 2 days previously.

Where are my fucking sunglasses? What good is a photographic memory if you can't remember where the photograph was taken?

As I pick up my head and Eric has finished telling me he can't recall where they are, I glance at the dresser under the letter I had started writing to him... I see my glasses, but wait the lenses are tinted..

"Dammit Eric, I found them."

Then he makes some joke about them never being missing in the first place and it being just a silly excuse to call him. It almost makes me wish it had been, because then I would've had more time to talk to him. I was rushing, Dan would be here soon, we are off on an adventure to walk his dog and go for a hike...

turns out Dan was running late and I have time to write this wild tale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter